In this episode of The Minimalists Podcast, Joshua & Ryan discuss minimalism with children, and they answer the following listener questions:
- How do you battle the clutter that comes with kids?
- How do you convince loved ones to stop giving you physical gifts?
- How do you help family members adopt minimalism?
- How do you determine which items to keep “just in case”?
- What advice do you have for buying a new, clutterfree home?
- How do you declutter when your partner enjoys material possessions?
- How can minimalism aid in the recovery from addictions?
- How do you determine which books to keep and which to give away?
- How do you keep minimalism from becoming an obsessive lifestyle?
Mentioned in This Episode
- Book: Clutterfree with Kids
- Book: Essential
- Book: Everything That Remains
- Book: Minimalism
- Contribution: The Hope Effect
- Essay: A Rich Life with Less Stuff
- Essay: A Simpler Family Life
- Essay: Just-in-Case Items
- Essay: Letting Go of Physical Gifts
- Essay: Minimalism with Kids
- Essay: Packing Party
- Essay: Reading More
- Essay: Start with Yourself
- Event: 3 Caffeinated Days with The Minimalists
- Event: How to Write Better
- Event: Tuesdays with The Minimalists
- Event: Minimalism Film
- Meetups: Minimalist.org
- Recommendation: Podcasts
This episode was produced by Shawn Harding. Our theme music was written and performed by Peter Doran. Our podcasts are completely free, so if you found value in this episode, and you’d like to help us produce more, please consider donating a dollar to The Minimalists. Your donations help keep this podcast 100% advertisement-free (because advertisements suck).
If you’d like to comment on the podcast, you can leave a review on iTunes. Not only do we read every review, but your positive, creative reviews also help our simple-living message reach more ears.
If you have a question for The Minimalists you’d like us to answer on our podcast, please leave a message on our voicemail at 406-219-7839. We’ll also answer some questions from Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter on our podcast: #AskTheMinimalists.
Subscribe to The Minimalists via email.