In this episode of The Minimalists Podcast, Joshua & Ryan discuss the failures of the modern education system, and they answer the following listener questions:
- How do you get a decent college education as a minimalist?
- What are some alternative education options besides college?
- How do you avoid getting caught up in the “rat race” vibe from friends?
- How do you define success?
- Whom do you consider a success?
Mentioned in This Episode
- Book: Deep Work
- Book: Essential
- Book: Everything That Remains
- Book: Flinch
- Book: Minimalism
- Book: So Good They Can’t Ignore You
- Book: Stop Stealing Dreams
- Contribution: The Hope Effect
- Essay: Alone Time
- Essay: Don’t Flinch
- Essay: The Success Template
- Essay: Unteachers
- Event: 3 Caffeinated Days with The Minimalists
- Event: How to Write Better
- Event: Minimalism Film
- Event: Tuesdays with The Minimalists
- Meetups: Minimalist.org
- Recommendation: Dan Pink’s Drive
- Recommendation: UC BerkeleyX
This episode was produced by Shawn Harding. Our theme music was written and performed by Peter Doran. Our podcasts are completely free, so if you found value in this episode, and you’d like to help us produce more, please consider donating a dollar to The Minimalists. Your donations help keep this podcast 100% advertisement-free (because advertisements suck).
If you’d like to comment on the podcast, you can leave a review on iTunes. Not only do we read every review, but your positive, creative reviews also help our simple-living message reach more ears.
If you have a question for The Minimalists you’d like us to answer on our podcast, please leave a message on our voicemail at 406-219-7839. We’ll also answer some questions from Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter on our podcast: #AskTheMinimalists.
Subscribe to The Minimalists via email.