In this episode of The Minimalists Podcast, Joshua & Ryan discuss the issues with “stuff,” and they answer the following questions:
- What do you do when the experiences you enjoy involve a lot of stuff?
- What do you carry with you every day?
- What do you think of the KonMari Method for decluttering?
- What suggestions do you have for stopping compulsive buying habits?
- Do you believe you should only own a certain amount of items?
Mentioned in This Episode
- Article: Too Much Stuff
- Book: Essential
- Book: Everything That Remains
- Book: Minimalism: Live a Meaningful Life
- Book: The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying
- Contribution: Give Well
- Essay: 90/90 Minimalism Rule
- Essay: Everything I Own: My 288 Things
- Essay: Getting Rid of Just-in-Case Items
- Essay: Let’s Play a Minimalism Game
- Essay: Tour My Minimalist Apartment
- Essay: Tour The Minimalists’ Montana Cabin
- Event: How to Write Better
- Event: Minimalism Film
- Event: Tuesdays with The Minimalists
- Meetup: Minimalist.org
- Podcast: Culture Gabfest
- Recommendation: The Story of Stuff
- Recommendation: Donation Town
- Recommendation: Everyman Porter Key Knife
- Twitter: @EllaSandwich
- Website: Exile Lifestyle
This episode was produced by Shawn Harding. Our theme music was written and performed by Peter Doran. Our podcasts are completely free, so if you found value in this episode, and you’d like to help us produce more, please consider donating a dollar to The Minimalists. Your donations help keep this podcast 100% advertisement-free (because advertisements suck).
If you’d like to comment on the podcast, you can leave a review on iTunes. Not only do we read every review, but your positive, creative reviews also help our simple-living message reach more ears.
If you have a question for The Minimalists you’d like us to answer on our podcast, please leave a message on our voicemail at 406-219-7839. We’ll also answer some questions from Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter on our podcast: #AskTheMinimalists.
Subscribe to The Minimalists via email.