In this episode of The Minimalists Podcast, Joshua & Ryan talk about letting go of sentimental items, and they answer the following questions:
- What do you say to those that lost sentimental items involuntarily?
- What should you do with heirloom jewelry you’ll never wear?
- How do you get rid of sentimental tchotchkes?
- How do you help hoarders purge stuff without making them feel guilty?
- How do you prevent sentimental attachments to newly acquired items?
Mentioned in This Episode
- Article: Why It’s so Hard to Get Rid of Stuff
- Book: Essential
- Book: Everything That Remains
- Book: Minimalism: Live a Meaningful Life
- Essay: Let’s Play a Minimalism Game
- Essay: Photo-Scanning Party
- Essay: The Things We Are Prepared to Walk Away From
- Essay: The Worst Thing That Could Happen
- Essay: Understanding Others
- Event: How to Write Better
- Event: Tuesdays with The Minimalists
- Meetup: Minimalist.org
- Recommendation: Light Heavy Light
- Recommendation: Film Festivals
- Tour: Minimalism Film
This episode was produced by Shawn Harding. Our theme music was written and performed by Peter Doran. Our podcasts are completely free, so if you found value in this episode, and you’d like to help us produce more, please consider donating a dollar to The Minimalists. Your donations help keep this podcast 100% advertisement-free (because advertisements suck).
If you’d like to comment on the podcast, you can leave a review on iTunes. Not only do we read every review, but your positive, creative reviews also help our simple-living message reach more ears.
If you have a question for The Minimalists you’d like us to answer on our podcast, please leave a message on our voicemail at 406-219-7839. We’ll also answer some questions from Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter on our podcast: #AskTheMinimalists.
Subscribe to The Minimalists via email.