In this episode of The Minimalists Podcast, Joshua & Ryan talk about finances, and they answer the following questions:
- How do you pay down student loan debt with only a part-time job?
- How do you buy a house and stay debt-free?
- Should you use retirement funds to pay down school loan debt?
- How can you attend college without incurring debt?
- How can you adopt minimalism if you’re financially challenged?
- How can you afford to travel for pleasure when you earn less?
- How can you still enjoy life’s pleasures while paying down debt?
Mentioned in This Episode
- Book: Essential
- Book: Everything That Remains
- Book: How to Travel the World on $50 a Day
- Book: Minimalism: Live a Meaningful Life
- Book: Total Money Makeover
- Essay: 11 Signs You Might Be Broke
- Essay: A Minimalist’s Thoughts on Money
- Essay: Financial Freedom
- Essay: Money Doesn’t Buy Happiness
- Essay: Need, Want, Like
- Essay: Retirement Planning
- Essay: Stimulate the Economy Like a Minimalist
- Essay: The Minimalists Open a Coffeehouse
- Event: How to Write Better
- Event: Tuesdays with The Minimalists
- Meetup: Minimalist.org
- Recommendation: Index-Card Financial Advice
- Recommendation: The Dave Ramsey Show
- Website: Derek Sivers
- Website: Every Dollar
- Website: Exile Lifestyle
- Website: Mr. Money Mustache
- Tour: Minimalism Documentary
This episode was produced by Shawn Harding. Our theme music was written and performed by Peter Doran. Our podcasts are completely free, so if you found value in this episode, and you’d like to help us produce more, please consider donating a dollar to The Minimalists. Your donations help keep this podcast 100% advertisement-free (because advertisements suck).
If you’d like to comment on the podcast, you can leave a review on iTunes. Not only do we read every review, but your positive, creative reviews also help our simple-living message reach more ears.
If you have a question for The Minimalists you’d like us to answer on our podcast, please leave a message on our voicemail at 406-219-7839. We’ll also answer some questions from Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter on our podcast: #AskTheMinimalists.
Subscribe to The Minimalists via email.