In this episode of The Minimalists Podcast, Joshua Fields Millburn & Ryan Nicodemus discuss careers, jobs, passion, and the concept of having a “mission” in life, and they answer the following questions:
- How do you answer “Where do you see yourself in three to five years?”
- Are there scenarios where more is less?
- Do you have to make money from a passion?
- How do you quit your job but still have security?
- How did you transition from your corporate jobs to what you do today?
- How do you commit to a career choice?
- How do you ensure work duties don’t interfere with minimalist values?
- How do you not lose passion in your work?
- How do you balance passion and security during a health crisis?
- What are your views regarding ambition?
Mentioned in This Episode
- Article: 1,000 True Fans
- Book: Deep Work
- Book: Drive
- Book: Essential
- Book: Everything That Remains
- Book: Minimalism: Live a Meaningful Life
- Book: Total Money Makeover
- Essay: Financial Freedom
- Essay: How to Start a Successful Blog Today
- Essay: Live Like Stan
- Essay: More Is Less?
- Essay: Need, Want, Like
- Essay: Security Is a Misnomer
- Essay: The Minimalists Open a Coffeehouse
- Event: How to Write Better
- Event: Tuesdays with The Minimalists
- Meetup: Minimalist.org
- Recommendation: The Puzzle of Motivation
- Recommendation: The War of Art
- Website: The Ultimate Success Formula
- Tour: Minimalism Documentary
This episode was produced by Shawn Harding. Our theme music was written and performed by Peter Doran. Our podcasts are completely free, so if you found value in this episode, and you’d like to help us produce more, please consider donating a dollar to The Minimalists. Your donations help keep this podcast 100% advertisement-free (because advertisements suck).
If you’d like to comment on the podcast, you can leave a review on iTunes. Not only do we read every review, but your positive, creative reviews also help our simple-living message reach more ears.
If you have a question for The Minimalists you’d like us to answer on our podcast, please leave a message on our voicemail at 406-219-7839. We’ll also answer some questions from Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter on our podcast: #AskTheMinimalists.
Subscribe to The Minimalists via email.