Exciting things are happening at The Minimalists right now, so let’s get you up to speed!
1. WordTasting Live Online Event. We are halfway through our WordTasting Tour, and, although we can’t make it to every city in the world (yet!), we want to give everyone an opportunity to watch one of our live events for free: We will broadcast our Los Angeles event live via Periscope on Friday, June 5, 2015, at 7 PM Pacific (10 PM Eastern). To watch this free event: RSVP here, find The Minimalists on Periscope, and tune in to our broadcast at 7 PM Pacific. NOTE: Because these are special events—and because we want to respect the ephemeral nature of the WordTasting Tour—this live, free, online event will be available on Periscope for only 24 hours after the initial broadcast. Watch it while you can! #WordTasting
2. Start Sharing Your Ideas. Speaking of touring, planning a large-scale tour is hard work—and expensive. Thankfully, our friends at Bluehost—the folks we used to set up and host this blog—agreed to help support the tour. Because of their support, every tour stop is free. If you want to create your own blog—and start sharing your ideas with the world—you can follow our step-by-step instructions and tutorial video at the bottom of this blog post. NOTE: To coincide with the WordTasting Tour, we asked Bluehost to give our readers a special price for new blogs: from June 1 until June 16 their starter package is just $3.49 per month, which works for 99% of people and includes a free “.com” domain name.
3. The Minimalists Are Building a School. Earlier this year, The Minimalists and our wonderful readers raised enough money to build a school for a needy community in Laos. Better yet, we raised enough additional funds to install solar panels for electricity and erect a new fence around the perimeter of the school. Yay! Together, we are making a difference—thank you for being a part of this beautiful gift. UPDATE: Good news! We’ve broken ground in Laos and hope to have the school finished and in use this September. You can learn more about the project on its Tumblr page. In addition, we will add our own money to any extra funds left over from this project to fund a school in Uganda for an entire year (everyone who donated will receive more details in our next private email update). That’s two schools in one year—awesome!
P.S. A new month just started: What a great time to start to playing our free 30-Day Minimalism Game.
How The Minimalists Started This Blog
Interested in starting your own blog? Four years ago, after much experimenting, we discovered the best methods and tools to design our blog, TheMinimalists.com, which now has more than four million readers and has been featured in hundreds of major media publications (New York Times, TIME magazine, TODAY show, and many others). The video below outlines the exact steps we took. If you follow this sequence, you will set up a beautiful blog in less than one hour.
Can’t see the above video? Watch it on YouTube.
Follow along with the video:
- Blog post: How to Start a Successful Blog Today by The Minimalists
- Screenshots of the entire process: Joshua’s blog-set-up instructions
Reminder: To coincide with the WordTasting Tour, we asked Bluehost, who helped fund the tour, to give our readers a special price for new blogs: their starter package is just $3.49 per month, which works for 99% of people and includes a free domain name.