Telling an interesting story is difficult. But writing an interesting story is thorny and intricate and considerably more complicated.
If you’re eager to learn how to captivate readers with a gripping story, be it narrative nonfiction or fiction, then this class is for you.
I’ve written stories for a decade, and I’ve learned myriad lessons from my many mistakes along the way. I’ve learned how to delight readers with my characters. I’ve learned how to make people yearn for more. I’ve learned what resonates with readers emotionally.
Most important, I’ve learned my recipe for writing a great story, and I’d like to teach it to you during my two-week class.
It’s worth noting that I teach this class only once a year—in January. Thus, this is the only time it will be offered all year.
How to Write Better Stories Includes
- Four hours of live, interactive video classes (two weeks)
- Class meets Saturdays at 1 PM Eastern (or you can view recorded classes)
- Recorded videos of each class to review afterwards
- Thorough explanation of the elements of a story: characters, POV, etc.
- When to use different vehicles: novel, short story, essay, etc.
- Destroying the myth of writer’s block
- Detailed class syllabus and course outline
- Recommended reading materials and resources
- Special one-on-one session with a story consultant
Note: This class appends my thorough four-week How to Write Better course. While you don’t have to take that class to enroll in this one, I strongly recommend going through that course (before or after) to assist with writing habits and techniques.
Become a Student — Sign Up
January 2013 — SOLD OUT
January 2014 — Seats still available
(Limit 30 students per class)
Class Price $200