In this episode of The Minimalists Podcast, Joshua Fields Millburn & Ryan Nicodemus discuss the perils of consumerism, and they answer the following questions:
- How do you ensure the clothing you buy was created responsibly?
- Where do you draw the line between spending more money for higher quality goods and getting sucked into consumerism?
- How can you be a fandom collector and still be a minimalist?
- How do you shop responsibly at warehouse club stores?
Mentioned in This Episode
- Article: Happy, Smart, and Useful
- Book: Essential
- Book: Everything That Remains
- Book: Minimalism: Live a Meaningful Life
- Essay: Let’s Play a Minimalism Game
- Essay: Start Here
- Event: How to Write Better
- Event: Tuesdays with The Minimalists
- Meetup: Minimalist.org
- Recommendation: Juicer
- Recommendation: Racing Extinction
- Recommendation: Stuffocation
- Website: Buy It Once
- Website: Patagonia
- Website: Ultimate Success Formula
- Tour: Minimalism Documentary
This episode was produced by Shawn Harding. Our theme music was written and performed by Peter Doran. Our podcasts are completely free, so if you found value in this episode, and you’d like to help us produce more, please consider donating a dollar to The Minimalists. Your donations help keep this podcast 100% advertisement-free (because advertisements suck).
If you’d like to comment on the podcast, you can leave a review on iTunes. Not only do we read every review, but your positive, creative reviews also help our simple-living message reach more ears.
If you have a question for The Minimalists you’d like us to answer on our podcast, please leave a message on our voicemail at 406-219-7839. We’ll also answer some questions from Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter on our podcast: #AskTheMinimalists.
Subscribe to The Minimalists via email.