In this episode of The Minimalists Podcast, Joshua & Ryan answer questions in front of a sold-out crowd in Dallas, including:
- How do we share the film with others?
- How do we find lending libraries?
- How do we continue to resist compulsory consumption?
- How do we avoid assuming an air of superiority over others who have not adopted minimalism?
- What does it mean to live intentionally?
- What do we do if we feel discontented with minimalism?
- What tips do you have for kids to learn to live with less?
- Did you foresee the minimalist movement growing this quickly?
- What city have you found to be the most minimalist?
- How do you reconcile yourself with not being able to accomplish everything you want to do?
- How do you reconcile yourself with your inadequacies as a minimalist?
- How do you explain minimalism to your friends and family who insist on giving you physical gifts?
- How do we repurpose things we normally throw away?
- How do we address legal issues with tiny homes?
- How do we take control of our lives?
- How do we keep pushing ourselves as minimalists?
- How do we minimize the cost and stress associated with travel?
- How do we differentiate between what we should donate and what we should throw away?
- How can we help businesses adopt minimalist practices?
- How do we minimize sentimental items?
Mentioned in This Episode
- Book: Clutterfree with Kids
- Book: Essential
- Book: Everything That Remains
- Book: How to Travel Full-Time
- Book: How to Travel the World on $50 a Day
- Book: Minimalism: Live a Meaningful Life
- Book: The More of Less
- Donate: Donation Town
- Donate: Freecycle
- Essay: Minimalism for Families with Children
- Meetup: Minimalist.org
- Own: Minimalism Film
- Recommendation: Bluehost
- Recommendation: Doxie Scanners
- Soundtrack: Minimalism Film
- Watch: Minimalism Film
- Website: Exile Lifestyle
- Workshop: How to Write Better
Our sincere thanks to all the folks at the Texas Theatre (@TexasTheatre) in Dallas for graciously hosting us and for helping us capture this podcast episode. This episode was produced by Shawn Harding. Our theme music was written and performed by Peter Doran. Our podcasts are completely free, so if you found value in this episode, and you’d like to help us produce more, please consider donating a dollar to The Minimalists. Your donations help keep this podcast 100% advertisement-free (because advertisements suck).
If you’d like to comment on the podcast, you can leave a review on iTunes. Not only do we read every review, but your positive, creative reviews also help our simple-living message reach more ears.
If you have a question for The Minimalists you’d like us to answer on our podcast, please leave a message on our voicemail at 406-219-7839. We’ll also answer some questions from Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter on our podcast: #AskTheMinimalists.
Subscribe to The Minimalists via email.