In this episode of The Minimalists Podcast, Joshua & Ryan answer questions in front of a sold-out crowd in Los Angeles, including:
- Why do you feel as satisfied purging items as you do collecting items?
- How do you live as a minimalist in areas with a high cost of living?
- What are the three life lessons you want to leave behind as your legacy?
- How do you pay for education for a new career without going into debt?
- Which presidential candidate is most in line with minimalist principles?
- What are the best first steps to start one’s journey into minimalism?
- How do you become the minimalist you strive to be when you’re wrapped up in obligations that require you to work most of the time and put that life on hold?
- How do you transition from a corporate career to your life’s mission?
- How do you attain and maintain focus as a writer?
Mentioned in This Episode
- Book: Essential
- Book: Everything That Remains
- Book: Knockemstiff
- Book: Minimalism: Live a Meaningful Life
- Book: The Total Money Makeover
- Class: How to Write Better
- Essay: Financial Freedom
- Essay: How to Start a Successful Blog Today
- Essay: Let’s Play a Minimalism Game
- Own: Minimalism Film
- Recommendation: Bluehost
- Recommendation: Doxie Scanner
- Soundtrack: Minimalism Film
- Tour: Minimalism Film
- Watch: Minimalism Film
- Website: Paleo Porn
- Website: The Posture Guy
- Website Design: SPYR
Our sincere thanks to all the folks at the Harmony Gold in L.A. for graciously hosting us and for helping us capture this podcast episode. This episode was produced by Shawn Harding. Our theme music was written and performed by Peter Doran. Our podcasts are completely free, so if you found value in this episode, and you’d like to help us produce more, please consider donating a dollar to The Minimalists. Your donations help keep this podcast 100% advertisement-free (because advertisements suck).
If you’d like to comment on the podcast, you can leave a review on iTunes. Not only do we read every review, but your positive, creative reviews also help our simple-living message reach more ears.
If you have a question for The Minimalists you’d like us to answer on our podcast, please leave a message on our voicemail at 406-219-7839. We’ll also answer some questions from Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter on our podcast: #AskTheMinimalists.
Subscribe to The Minimalists via email.