In this episode of The Minimalists Podcast, Joshua & Ryan answer questions in front of a sold-out crowd in Salt Lake City, Utah, including:
- What is your relationship with everything that remained after your purge of most of your physical belongings?
- How does minimalism apply to life beyond physical belongings?
- Do you feel pressure to be role models of minimalism, or is it just part of who you are?
- How do we help our kids adopt minimalist practices when they’re so entrenched in a compulsory consumption society?
- How do we explain to loved ones that we appreciate items they’ve given to us after we’ve donated the items when they’re no longer useful to us?
- What are the best methods for storing digital files?
- Will you share more personal insights into your lives as minimalists in future content?
Mentioned in This Episode
- Book: Essential
- Book: Everything That Remains
- Book: Minimalism: Live a Meaningful Life
- Essay: Minimalism for Families with Children
- Essay: Packing Party
- Essay: Photo-Scanning Party
- Essay: The Things We Are Prepared to Walk Away From
- Meetup: Minimalist.org
- Music: Parlor Hawk
- Own: Minimalism Documentary
- Recommendation: Bluehost
- Recommendation: Doxie Scanners
- Soundtrack: Minimalism Documentary
- Watch: Minimalism Documentary
Our sincere thanks to all the folks at Megaplex Theatres at The Gateway in Salt Lake City for graciously hosting us and for helping us capture this podcast episode. This episode was produced by Shawn Harding. Our theme music was written and performed by Peter Doran. Our podcasts are completely free, so if you found value in this episode, and you’d like to help us produce more, please consider donating a dollar to The Minimalists. Your donations help keep this podcast 100% advertisement-free (because advertisements suck).
If you’d like to comment on the podcast, you can leave a review on iTunes. Not only do we read every review, but your positive, creative reviews also help our simple-living message reach more ears.
If you have a question for The Minimalists you’d like us to answer on our podcast, please leave a message on our voicemail at 406-219-7839. We’ll also answer some questions from Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter on our podcast: #AskTheMinimalists.
Subscribe to The Minimalists via email.