Well, this is awkward. Not like waking-up-in-the-elevator-naked awkward. More like a pleasantly-surprised kind of awkward.
I intended to officially announce my new writing class this week, but the April class SOLD OUT before I finished writing this official announcement. Therefore, I can’t let anyone else sign up for the April class. I’m sorry.
But don’t fret: if you’re interested in the class, I’ve added a July session. Details below.
Writing About Writing Is Like Kissing Your Beautiful Sister
The art of the written word is my true passion. Finding the right words can make all the difference in the world. The right words add clarity, pace, beauty, emotion, and individual expression to your message. That’s why I love writing.
I don’t, however, like writing about writing. Doing so seems banal and circuitous. Writing about writing is like kissing your beautiful sister. But I get countless questions about writing—about my writing process, about how to write better, about the thickness of my quill and fluid density of the ink in my ink well (or what software programs I use). Many people want help, direction, and guidance when it comes to improving their writing. And because I have over a decade of experience training people in the corporate world, I’ve been able to help dozens of people quickly improve their writing during the last year.
What I’ve learned in the last year is I can’t make anyone a better writer, but I can help people write better—much better actually. I learned to write well with no formal training and so can you, but I’m here to help if you want to learn how to write much better—much faster.
Thus, I’m teaching a four-week online writing class to a small group of people. This class will take place one Saturday per week and will be limited to a relatively small class size (30 students).
How to Write Better Class Overview
Do you want to write more effectively? Do you want people to love what you write?
Hello. Professor Millburn here. If you’re serious about improving your writing, this class is for you. Regardless of your current skill level, I won’t judge you. Rather, I want to show you how to write clearly, concisely, and beautifully. I want to help you create powerful writing that grabs people’s attention and adds value their lives.
This class will help you:
- Establish empowering, enjoyable daily writing habits
- Learn how to write fun, interesting content for your readers
- Improve your writing style by focusing on its beauty, brevity, and clarity
- Discover and refine your writing voice
- Embrace Narrative Urgency in your writing
- Become a better self-editor
- Add value to your reader’s lives
- Build a larger, more engaged audience
People who know me know I’ve been passionate about writing for nine years—since I was twenty-two. I’m so passionate about it that I left my six-figure corporate job to pursue a full-time writing career. In the last year I’ve built an audience of more than 100,000 monthly readers and published three bestselling books (nonfiction and fiction).
How do I know my words have power? Check out what my readers say about my work.
How to Write Better Class Syllabus
This class includes:
- Eight hours of online classes: four two-hour video classes (Saturdays, 1 PM EST) in which I’ll teach a lesson and answer questions
- A video recording of each class for students who can’t attend a particular class or who want to watch the video after the class
- Individual feedback from Joshua Fields Millburn
- A plethora of training materials and resources
- Tons of simple tips and tricks that make writing easy and fun
- Daily practices, exercises, routines, and rituals
- Access to How to Writer Better‘s Facebook community
- Weekly homework and suggested reading materials
- Instructions and resources for how to publish and sell your own writing (including editing, design, and formatting resources for Kindle, Nook, and other e-readers, as well as book cover design if you’re interested in publishing ebooks)
- Strategies to build an engaged readership
Everyone who attends this class will earn an A+. I’ll make sure of it. During the class, you’ll discover that no one works harder than I do. I can and will help you write better in one month.
Become a Student – Sign Up
Visit the main class page for scheduling and pricing details.