“I’ve taken other writing classes and this one was by far the most helpful and most practical. My writing improved dramatically over the last month.”
—James Gummer, spring 2012 graduate
Additional Student Testimonials
Class Schedule Update
Spring 2012 Class — Sold Out
Summer 2012 Class — Sold Out
Fall 2012 Class — Sold Out
Winter 2013 Class — Sold Out
Spring 2013 Class — Sold Out
Summer 2013 July/August Class — Fewer than 10 Seats Remaining
Note: Because the last five classes sold out so quickly, I’ve added a summer 2013 class. The summer 2013 class commences July 27, 2013 and lasts four weeks. Seats are limited to 30 people—first come, first served.
Words Have Power
The art of the written word is my deepest passion. Finding the right words can make all the difference in the world. The right words add clarity, pace, beauty, emotion, and individual expression to your message. That’s why I love writing.
I don’t, however, like writing about writing. Doing so seems banal and circuitous. Writing about writing is like kissing your beautiful sister. But I get countless questions about writing—about my writing process, about how to write better, about the thickness of my quill and fluid density of the ink in my ink well (or what software programs I use).
Many people want help, direction, and guidance when it comes to improving their writing. Because I have over a decade of experience training people in the corporate world, I’ve been able to help dozens of people quickly improve their writing during the last year.
What I’ve learned in the last few years is I can’t make anyone a better writer, but I can help people write better—much better actually. I learned to write well with no formal training, and so can you, but I’m here to help if you want to learn how to write much better—much faster.
Thus, I teach a four-week online writing class to a small group of people a few times a year. This class takes place one Saturday per week with small, enjoyable assignments due each week.
How to Write Better Class Overview
Do you want to write more effectively? Do you want people to love what you write?
Hello. Professor Millburn here. If you’re serious about improving your writing, this class is for you. Regardless of your current skill level, I won’t judge you. Rather, I want to show you how to write clearly, concisely, and beautifully. I want to help you create powerful writing that grabs people’s attention and adds value to their lives.
This class will help you:
- Establish empowering, enjoyable daily writing habits
- Learn how to write fun, interesting content for your readers
- Improve your writing style by focusing on its beauty, brevity, and clarity
- Discover and refine your writing voice
- Embrace Narrative Urgency in your writing
- Become a better self-editor
- Add value to your readers’ lives
- Build a larger, more engaged audience
People who know me know I’ve been passionate about writing for a decade—since I was twenty-two. I’m so passionate about it that I left my six-figure corporate job to pursue a full-time writing career. In one year, I built an audience of more than 100,000 monthly readers and published three bestselling books.
How to Write Better Class Syllabus
This class includes:
- Eight hours of online classes: four two-hour video classes (Saturdays, 1 PM EST) in which I teach a lesson and answer questions
- A video recording of each class for students who can’t attend a particular class or who want to watch the video after the class
- Individual feedback from Joshua Fields Millburn
- JFM’s recipe for improving your writing
- A plethora of training materials and resources
- Tons of simple tips and tricks that make writing easy and fun
- Daily practices, exercises, routines, and rituals
- Access to How to Writer Better’s Facebook community
- Weekly homework and suggested reading materials
- Strategies to build an engaged readership
- Instructions and resources for how to publish and sell your own writing (including editing, design, and formatting resources for Kindle, Nook, and other e-readers, as well as book cover design if you’re interested in publishing print or ebooks)
Everyone who attends this class will earn an A+. I’ll make sure of it. During the class, you’ll discover that no one works harder than I do. I can and will help you write better in one month.
Become a Student — Sign Up
Class Price: $397