In this episode of The Minimalists Podcast, Joshua Fields Millburn & Ryan Nicodemus discuss debt, credit scores, credit cards, investments, and much more, and they answer the following questions:
- Should you keep credit cards or cancel them after you pay them off?
- Should you invest money while you’re paying off debt or put all the money toward paying off the debt?
- Should you use federal income-based repayment programs if you have student-loan debt?
- How do you form a financial team with your partner who thinks some debt is okay?
Mentioned in This Episode
- App: Every Dollar
- App: Mint
- Book: Entre Leadership
- Book: Everything That Remains
- Book: Essential
- Book: Live A Meaningful Life
- Book: Total Money Makeover
- Class: How to Write Better
- Essay: Financial Freedom
- Essay: Need, Want, Like
- Essay: Retirement Planning
- Film: The Big Short
- Guidance: Mentors
- Investments: Betterment
- Meetup: Minimalist.org
- Own: Minimalism Film
- Recommendation: Money Podcast
- Recommendation: Retire Inspired Book
- Recommendation: Retire Inspired Podcast
- Recommendation: The Dave Ramsey Show
- Tour: Minimalism Film
- Watch: Minimalism Film
This episode was produced by Shawn Harding. Our theme music was written and performed by Peter Doran. Our podcasts are completely free, so if you found value in this episode, and you’d like to help us produce more, please consider donating a dollar to The Minimalists. Your donations help keep this podcast 100% advertisement-free (because advertisements suck).
If you’d like to comment on the podcast, you can leave a review on iTunes. Not only do we read every review, but your positive, creative reviews also help our simple-living message reach more ears.
If you have a question for The Minimalists you’d like us to answer on our podcast, please leave a message on our voicemail at 406-219-7839. We’ll also answer some questions from Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter on our podcast: #AskTheMinimalists.
Subscribe to The Minimalists via email.