In this episode of The Minimalists Podcast, Joshua Fields Millburn & Ryan Nicodemus talk about relationships, and they answer the following questions:
- How do I transition into minimalism and be mindful of my relationships?
- How do I tell those I enjoy giving gifts to that I don’t want any in return?
- How do I help my friends understand my new minimalist lifestyle?
- Where does minimalism end and negligence begin in relationships?
- How do I explain to friends and family that minimalism is not a fad?
Mentioned in This Episode
- Book: 10% Happier
- Book: Essential
- Book: Everything That Remains
- Book: Minimalism: Live a Meaningful Life
- Book: Some Thoughts About Relationships
- Book: The Art of Living
- Book: The More of Less
- Book: Waking Up
- Contribution: Habitat for Humanity
- Essay: Fighting the Voice in Your Head
- Essay: Goodbye Fake Friends
- Essay: Lessons from the Fall
- Essay: Let’s Play a Minimalism Game
- Essay: Letting Go of Shitty Relationships
- Essay: The Commodification of Love
- Essay: The Things We Are Prepared to Walk Away From
- Essay: Understanding Others
- Essay: Waking Up
- Tour: Minimalism Film
- Event: Tuesdays with The Minimalists
- Meetup: Meetup.com
- Meetup: Minimalist.org
- Recommendation: The Grinder
- Recommendation: The Ultimate Relationship Program
This episode was produced by Shawn Harding. Our theme music was written and performed by Peter Doran. Our podcasts are completely free, so if you found value in this episode, and you’d like to help us produce more, please consider donating a dollar to The Minimalists. Your donations help keep this podcast 100% advertisement-free (because advertisements suck).
If you’d like to comment on the podcast, you can leave a review on iTunes. Not only do we read every review, but your positive, creative reviews also help our simple-living message reach more ears.
If you have a question for The Minimalists you’d like us to answer on our podcast, please leave a message on our voicemail at 406-219-7839. We’ll also answer some questions from Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter on our podcast: #AskTheMinimalists.
Subscribe to The Minimalists via email.