In this episode of The Minimalists Podcast, Joshua Fields Millburn answers a slew of listener questions, including:
- How do you stay passionate when work and side projects are similar?
- How do you maintain minimalist practices in the whirlwind of college?
- How do you explain to loved ones you won’t go into debt to buy gifts?
- Should you accept a new position that fits your passion but pays less?
- How do you keep from accumulating more stuff after a move?
- How do you tell loved ones you don’t want physical gifts?
Mentioned in This Episode
- Book: Essential
- Book: Everything That Remains
- Book: Minimalism: Live a Meaningful Life
- Book: Superbetter
- Essay: Alone Time
- Essay: Financial Freedom
- Essay: Goodbye Fake Friends
- Essay: Killing Home Internet
- Essay: Packing Party
- Essay: Photo-Scanning Party
- Essay: The Minimalists’ Favorite Podcasts
- Essay: Tour My Minimalist Apartment
- Essay: What a Game!
- Event: How to Write Better
- Event: Tuesdays with The Minimalists
- Meetup: Minimalist.org
- Recommendation: Contribution
- Website: Craigslist
- Website: DonationTown
- Website: Freecycle
- Website: Goodwill
- Website: Meetup
- Tour: Minimalism Documentary
This episode was produced by Shawn Harding. Our theme music was written and performed by Peter Doran. Our podcasts are completely free, so if you found value in this episode, and you’d like to help us produce more, please consider donating a dollar to The Minimalists. Your donations help keep this podcast 100% advertisement-free (because advertisements suck).
If you’d like to comment on the podcast, you can leave a review on iTunes. Not only do we read every review, but your positive, creative reviews also help our simple-living message reach more ears.
If you have a question for The Minimalists you’d like us to answer on our podcast, please leave a message on our voicemail at 406-219-7839. We’ll also answer some questions from Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter on our podcast: #AskTheMinimalists.
Subscribe to The Minimalists via email.