In this episode of The Minimalists Podcast, Joshua discusses writing tips and best practices, and he answers the following questions he commonly receives regarding writing:
- How did you become a successful writer?
- What daily habits help you improve as a writer?
- How do you keep your inner editor from interfering with your inner creator when you write?
- What writing app do you use?
- What books about writing do you recommend?
Mentioned in This Episode
- App: Scrivener for Mac
- App: Scrivener for PC
- Book: As A Decade Fades
- Book: Bird by Bird
- Book: Essential
- Book: Everything That Remains
- Book: How to Publish an Indie Book
- Book: Knockemstiff
- Book: Minimalism: Live a Meaningful Life
- Book: The Devil All the Time
- Book: Write Tight
- Essay: Finding Your Writing Voice
- Essay: How to Start a Successful Blog Today
- Event: How to Write Better
- Event: Tuesdays with The Minimalists
- Meetup: Minimalist.org
- Recommendation: Garner’s Modern American Usage
- Recommendation: Grammatically Correct
- Website: Draft
- Tour: Minimalism Documentary
This episode was produced by Shawn Harding. Our theme music was written and performed by Peter Doran. Our podcasts are completely free, so if you found value in this episode, and you’d like to help us produce more, please consider donating a dollar to The Minimalists. Your donations help keep this podcast 100% advertisement-free (because advertisements suck).
If you’d like to comment on the podcast, you can leave a review on iTunes. Not only do we read every review, but your positive, creative reviews also help our simple-living message reach more ears.
If you have a question for The Minimalists you’d like us to answer on our podcast, please leave a message on our voicemail at 406-219-7839. We’ll also answer some questions from Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter on our podcast: #AskTheMinimalists.
Subscribe to The Minimalists via email.