In this episode of The Minimalists Podcast, Joshua & Ryan discuss travel, moving, and packing lightly, and they answer the following questions:
- How do you minimize your belongings when traveling abroad?
- How do you move without using a U-Haul truck?
- Is it better to get a new car or a used car for transportation?
- How do you travel widely without incurring debt?
Mentioned in This Episode
- Book: Essential
- Book: Everything That Remains
- Book: How to Travel the World on $50 a Day
- Book: Minimalism: Live a Meaningful Life
- Essay: Financial Freedom
- Essay: Getting Rid of Just-In-Case Items
- Essay: Need, Want, Like
- Essay: Packing Party
- Essay: The Minimalists Open a Coffeehouse
- Essay: Tour My Minimalist Apartment
- Essay: Tour The Minimalists’ Montana Cabin
- Essay: What If You Accidentally Spilled Bleach?
- Event: How to Write Better
- Film: Minimalism Documentary
- Meetup: Minimalist.org
- Product: Minaal Travel Bag
- Product: Mission Workshop Bag
- Recommendation: Thai 9
- Recommendation: V60 Pour Over
- Video: A Rich Life with Less Stuff
- Video: Pack Like The Minimalists
This episode was produced by Shawn Harding. Our theme music was written and performed by Peter Doran. Our podcasts are completely free, so if you found value in this episode, and you’d like to help us produce more, please consider donating a dollar to The Minimalists. Your donations help keep this podcast 100% advertisement-free (because advertisements suck).
If you’d like to comment on the podcast, you can leave a review on iTunes. Not only do we read every review, but your positive, creative reviews also help our simple-living message reach more ears.
If you have a question for The Minimalists you’d like us to answer on our podcast, please leave a message on our voicemail at 406-219-7839. We’ll also answer some questions from Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter on our podcast: #AskTheMinimalists.
Subscribe to The Minimalists via email.