In this episode of The Minimalists Podcast, Joshua & Ryan talk about getting back to basics for the new year, and they answer the following questions:
- What should I do when I love my job, but my company’s values and beliefs don’t align with my own?
- How do you start working toward a goal, and how do you ensure you remain accountable to achieving that goal?
- How do you measure your success throughout the year?
- How do I get back to basics emotionally after a tumultuous year?
Mentioned in This Episode
- Book: Essential
- Book: Everything That Remains
- Book: Minimalism: Live a Meaningful Life
- Charity: Charity Water
- Charity: The Hope Effect
- Essay: 100 Days with No Goals
- Essay: Financial Freedom
- Essay: Need, Want, Like
- Essay: When Goals Are Important, and When They Are Not
- Explore: Asymmetrical Press
- Explore: Minimalism Life
- Health: Nourish Balance Thrive
- Instagram: @Minimalism.Life
- Instagram: #TheMinimalistsCityFinds
- Instruction: How to Publish an Indie Book
- Listen: “Going Back to Cali” LL Cool J
- Listen: “Wayfarer” Jay Nash
- Newsletter: The Minimalists
- Podcast: Debt
- Podcast: Jocko Willink
- Podcast: Noise
- Podcast: Nourish Balance Thrive
- Recommendation: 4 Your Eyez Only J. Cole
- Recommendation: Barbell Apparel
- Recommendation: Vermont Sessions Jay Nash
- Tour: Joshua’s Home
- Tour: Ryan’s Home
- Tour: The Minimalists
- Tour: WordTasting
- Watch: A Rich Life with Less Stuff
- Watch: Minimalism Documentary
- Watch: The Art of Letting Go
- Watch: The Today Show
- Website: Colin Wright
- Website: Courtney Carver
- Website: Joshua Becker
- Website: Leo Babauta
- Website: Tammy Strobel
This episode was produced by Shawn Harding. Our theme music was written and performed by Peter Doran. Our podcasts are completely free, so if you found value in this episode, and you’d like to help us produce more, please consider donating a dollar to The Minimalists. Your donations help keep this podcast 100% advertisement-free (because advertisements suck).
If you’d like to comment on the podcast, you can leave a review on iTunes. Not only do we read every review, but your positive, creative reviews also help our simple-living message reach more ears.
If you have a question for The Minimalists you’d like us to answer on our podcast, please leave a message on our voicemail at 406-219-7839. We’ll also answer some questions from Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter on our podcast: #AskTheMinimalists.
Subscribe to The Minimalists via email.